If there is one visitor you don’t want staying at your home, it’s mold. Unfortunately, once it takes up residence inside your walls, ceilings, windows, or other areas, it can be almost impossible to remove without professional assistance. Though you may think mold will be harmless, think again. In fact, mold can cause a variety of problems not just for your home but also you, your family, and your pets as well.
For both humans and pets, having mold in your home can lead to numerous health issues. In most cases, those who already have pre-existing conditions such as asthma or allergies are most susceptible to additional problems such as coughing, trouble breathing, nasal congestion, headaches, and more. Also, animals and humans who have compromised immune systems are more likely to be affected by mold, so keep this in mind.
In many situations, you may never actually see much of the mold that is present within your home. This is because it likely has spread within your ceiling, under floor covering, inside walls, and many other places. If your home has had water damage due to a flood, burst pipe, or other situation that allowed moisture to get inside, chances are you’ve got a mold problem that needs to be addressed.
If your home has a basement, garage, or attic, you probably use these areas to store various things you don’t use very often. Whether it’s camping supplies such as tents, sporting goods such as golf clubs, or even clothing you may not plan on wearing for a few months, the fact is mold can easily get onto these items as well. Since mold can begin growing within 24 hours after an area has gotten wet, don’t procrastinate. After all, you don’t want to unpack clothing or pull out your golf bag and find mold on your belongings.
To ensure your home is mold-free, don’t take on this task yourself. Instead, call on us here at Rocky Mountain Restoration for an expert mold inspection of your home. To get started, call us today at 480-309-2524.