If you have been straightening up your basement or cleaning other parts of your home, you may have discovered mold here and there. Thriving in areas that are damp and have high humidity levels, mold can grow and spread throughout your home is as little as 24 hours. Unfortunately, the mold you see is probably not all the mold that exists in your home. As a result, you won’t be able to get rid of all of it on your own. If you’ve got mold or water damage and are now wondering what you can do about the problem, here are some tips from the pros here at Rocky Mountain Restoration.
Know Where to Look
To keep mold from spreading, it is important to know the areas in your home where mold can thrive. In most homes, these areas include your attic, basement, bathroom, laundry room, and other spots where moisture can become hidden and trapped. Since many of these areas are prone to having high humidity levels, a dehumidifier can help alleviate the problem to some extent. But for the best results, you should call on us here at Rocky Mountain Restoration.
Is Mold a Health Hazard?
Most definitely. The more mold is allowed to grow and spread unchecked throughout your home, the more likely it is that it will impact your health, that of your family, and even the health of your pets. In fact, people and pets that already have allergies, asthma, or weakened immune systems are at much greater risk of developing additional health problems that are mold-related.
What Can I Do?
If you discover mold and believe you have a much bigger problem than you initially realized, you can call on us here at Rocky Mountain Restoration. With our years of experience, state-of-the-art equipment, and proven mold remediation techniques, we have what it takes to rid your home of mold. From using our high-efficiency vacuums to suck in mold particles to using a third-party testing company to verify your home is mold-free once we’re done, you can count on us. To schedule an appointment, call us at 480-309-2524.