If there is one thing you don’t want to discover lurking inside your Phoenix home, it is mold. Unfortunately, the mold you see on your walls, floors, and other areas indicates there is likely far more of it inside your walls, ceilings, windows, and other parts of your home. While many people think grabbing some paper towels and traditional household cleaning supplies will solve their problem, all it does is put a band-aid on what may be a major structural and health issue for you and your home. As for what caused the mold, there are a variety of possibilities.
If your home is subject to having high humidity levels, this could be a primary cause of the mold that has now taken hold here and there. A problem that often occurs in basements or other areas that are prone to dampness, you can place a dehumidifier in these areas to lessen the chances of mold developing. Yet if you already see mold, you should likely call us here at Rocky Mountain Restoration for an evaluation.
If your roof leaks every time it rains, you are making it very easy for mold to start growing in your attic, ceilings, and other areas of your home. Needless to say, any leaks in your roof should be addressed as soon as possible. In addition, you should also call on us here at Rocky Mountain Restoration to rid your attic and other areas of mold.
What Health Problems Can Result from Mold?
When mold is present in your home, it can exacerbate any existing health problems you, other family members, or even pets may already deal with on a regular basis. These include allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues that can be troublesome.
Since mold can start growing only 24 hours after an area of your home gets wet, you should not procrastinate once it is spotted in your basement or other area of your residence. To get started ridding your home of unhealthy and potentially damaging mold, contact our experienced mold remediation team here at Rocky Mountain Restoration.