Rocky Mountain Restoration Truck

Mold Is NOT Always Your Friend

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Mold Ceiling Mold is an important part of our environment, however, significant quantities inside your home or business are not welcome. Most of us know that molds break down dead organic matter (leaves, trees, etc) and are the leading contributor to the cycling of nutrients within our ecosystems.  The reproduction and growth of mold occurs through tiny spores that are invisible to the naked eye.  When these mold spores make their way into your building through open doors and windows, heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, or by attaching to your clothing, disaster can start.

When mold spores encounter excessive moisture, they will grow –  usually very rapidly, causing significant problems. This is one critical reason why a water-damaged property needs to be Mold Baseboard properly dried properly very quickly, because if the mold becomes established in your building, it can cause a variety of health problems. Although the negative effects of mold contamination have been studied at length, we still don’t know the full extent of difficulties mold can cause. We do know they can produce significant amount of allergens, irritants and toxic substances (also known as mycotoxins).

Each person reacts to mold differently, depending on the type of mold, as well as the vulnerabilities of the person. Generally, immuno-compromised people are highly affected by the inhaling or touching of mold and mold spores, which can lead to serious  allergic reactions. Responses such as sneezing, red eyes, runny nose and/or skin rash, as well as irritation in the throat and lungs are all possible with mold exposure. Babies and small children are quite vulnerable especially if they are prone to asthma, which can lead to serious asthmatic attacks. Prevention and removal of mold in your commercial building or home can solve the problems associated with noxious molds, and with continued research. IICRC S520

Moisture (high humidity and water) are key factor in mold growth, and the most common sources of indoor moisture are flooding and leaks from plumbing, roofs, windows, baths or sinks. Even an improperly vent bath exhaust fan or clothes dryer can put excessive unwanted moisture into the home. Warping and discoloration of walls, floors or ceilings are a good hint that  you may have a moisture problem. Rocky Mountain Restoration can help if you are dealing with a moldy mess!  We only work with Certified Industrial Hygienists so you can be sure there is no conflict of interest and to know you have a safe environment.  We will help make sure the mold spores are contained and removed to so you, your family, customers, or employees are safe.

Some suggestions for you:

  • Find, identify and contain the humidity or water source Mold Cleanup
  • Repair and stop the source of moisture intrusion
  • Clean and dry those affected areas to safe moisture levels
  • Make sure you reduce or eliminate the moisture to stop further mold growth
  • A Certified Industrial Hygienist should be hired to ensure mold and spores are identified and to write the procedure for removal
  • Follow IICRC S-520 guidelines and protocols for proper removal of mold-contaminated materials.
  • Rocky Mountain Restoration should be contacted to remove all the mold contaminated areas.
POST CATEGORIES
Ranking Arizona - Ranked Top 10 in 2021

As seen on...