We all know that there is no perfect place to live by. Every homeowner has to deal with a challenge in his or her home and one challenge which is common is water damage. Natural causes like heavy rains or simple home maintenance neglect are both reasons behind water damage incidents in residential properties in Mesa, AZ.One of the best ways to take care of water damage or a flood is taking care of it immediately. The sooner the building is dried out after flooding, the better. More damages and losses happen if the property or it’s inside material remain wet over a longer period of time. Remember, the costs of replacement and repair also increase if this will be the case. Therefore, a quick response and a timely correction of water damage are highly needed to prevent further and much greater loss.
We know your predicaments so we are sharing these tips on how to remove mold should you happen to experience it after a flood, heavy rain or in just simple maintenance negligence:
· Repair leaky plumbing and leaks in the building as soon as possible.
· Watch out for condensation and wet spots. Fix sources of moisture problems immediately.
· Avoid moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air (humidity). To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify (if outdoor air is warm and humid).
· Remember to keep heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
· Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60% relative humidity (RH), ideally 30-50%, if possible.
· Inspection and maintenance of building /HVAC should be done regularly.
· Always clean and dry wet or damp spots within 48 hours.
These are some tips that may help you restore the water damages in your home. Water damage restoration is a challenging work and it may also require a help from a professional to be fully assured about the safety of your house and most importantly, your family. Call Rocky Mountain Restoration, Mesa, AZ, one of the most reliable water damage restoration experts now.